Content Patcher loads content packs that change the game's data, images, and maps without replacing XNB files. Content packs can make changes dynamically based on many in-game details like location, weather, date, festivals or events, spouse, relationships, whether you have a Joja membership, etc.
Unlike XNB mods, these content packs get automatic update checks and compatibility checks, are easy to install and uninstall, support localisation automatically, are less likely to conflict, and are less likely to break due to game updates.
This mod doesn't do anything on its own; you need to install content packs separately.
- Install the latest version of SMAPI.
- Install this mod through the CurseForge client.
- Install any content packs you want the same way.
- Run the game using SMAPI.
Note: Content Patcher packs on other sites can be unzipped into your game's Mods folder.
- Content packs let you edit the game's XNB images, data, and maps with zero programming. You can optionally use features like conditions, tokens, and player settings. See the modder documentation for more info and a guide to creating content packs.
- The Content Patcher API lets SMAPI modders create custom tokens for content packs to use. See extensibility for modders for more info.
- Works with Stardew Valley 1.3 on Linux/Mac/Windows.
- Works in single-player and multiplayer (see multiplayer compatibility notes).
- No known mod conflicts.
Note: if you play on Linux/Mac and the game freezes with this mod installed, reinstalling Mono should fix it.