Locates NPC and Farmers in the player's current location on the screen (toggled). Their locations are indicated by compass needles that show the direction and distance from the player's current position in the map.
Only shows characters in the player's location by default.
- Install the latest version of SMAPI.
- Unzip the mod folder into Stardew Valley/Mods.
- Run the game using SMAPI.
- Hold the ALT key to toggle it on. This hotkey can be changed in the mod config file.
- To scroll through multiple characters indoors, hover over the compass needle and RIGHT CLICK
These can be changed in the config.json file inside of the mod folder.
"HoldToToggle": true, If true, hold key to show. If false, toggled to show.
"ToggleKeyCode": "LeftAlt", Key used to show/hide locators
"SameLocationOnly": true, If false shows characters in neighboring locations in gray
"SameLocationToggleKey": "H", Hotkey for toggling location setting
"ShowQuestsAndBirthdaysOnly": false, If true, only shows characters with quests/birthdays
"QuestsOnlyToggleKey": "J", Hotkey for toggling quests/birthdays setting
"ShowFarmersOnly": false, If true, only shows farmers (players)
"FarmersOnlyToggleKey": "K", Hotkey for farmer setting
"ShowHorses": false, If true, shows horses in addition to other settings
"HorsesToggleKey": "L", Hotkey for toggling horses
"NPCBlacklist":  Add characters to list you want to hide
Changing Mod Hotkeys:
- Open the config.json file inside of LocationCompass. Open it up with a text editor of your choice and find the line with the key you want to change.
- Replace the value with one of these keys: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Key_Bindings
- For example, to change the toggle key to the tilde (`) key you would change it to